Friday, February 24, 2012

Unexpected Internship

Novartis Pharmaceutical Company USA headquarter
 I was very tired from a hard trip from California to New Jersey.At the morning, I received an early morning call.I was totally unconscious,but I decided to answer.Its a very friendly Egyptian accent voice asking about Dr.Hassan. I replied, its wrong number,but he insisted to repeat saying are you sure this is not Dr.Hassan Shahin.I back to reality replying this is Hossam Shahin.The nice man continuing talking about how they got my information from someone, and he excused for using the wrong name.
We started to talk deeply,and he asked me about being interested in an internship in The Oncology Department,and I replied gratefully for my pleasure to have this wonderful unique opportunity.He asked me to send my resume to him via E-mail.
*************************************************************
After while, I had a phone interview with the senior manager of the Oncology Department and two Pharmacists including the amazing man who called me.
After an exciting patience, I received a call from the nice man confirming my official approval to be an intern in Novartis Oncology Medical Information Department.
And from here, a pivotal change point in my future took place.

Hossam Shahin's Desk, Novartis
First day

On my way to the train station, I felt incredible happy and excited.The feeling was unexpressed with mix of responsibility,punctuality,happiness,and excitement.When I arrived to Madison Train station, the Novartis shuttle was already left,so the gentle man who is my manager asked me to take a cap.When I arrived there, I found my manager is waiting for me to pay for the cap which was very impressive to me.How much respectful and humble he is.  
After that, I attended the first meeting in my life where I spent my best moments in USA.All of workers were so nice and humble with me.I felt very proud and lucky to be among those hands.My senior manger made me feel very comfortable and secure.
At the end of the meeting, the nice lady asked me to come with her to see my spot.When I went there, I felt shocked for what Novartis prepared for me.It was a professional desk with my own laptop and Novartis personal Email address.
And before I enjoy sitting on my desk, my manger asked me to follow him for taking the lunch in a very fancy cafeteria of the company. We started to chat so friendly.He is a very kind and cultured man.Then, I started my big challenge of real work when he I started to shadow him in some meetings.
At the end of the day, this Indian wonderful guy showed me how I can get back to my campus safely.I said bye to my new friends giving me a so optimistic sense of being real friends in near future.I left Novartis on my way back thinking in the significant day in my life.And in a second I remembered the whole story from the early call until getting to my personal desk.
Novartis USA headquarter
 On the train back to my campus, I started to feel the responsability of being thirst to knowledge.I called my family giving them good news through the continents.My mom ended the call with me with kind prayers hoping to me the best wishes and comming back to my country safely and very soon.

By.Hossam Shahin
Quote:A man of courage is also full of faith.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love you man wish you the best ...you deserve more than you imagine.

MOH SHETOS said...

WoW WoW WoW WoW, I missed alot then !! waiting for your call .

Komang Setiabudi said...

Hi, how are you? Your blog is interesting. Nice pictures.

Please visit:
http://create-solution.blogspot.com